What’s the One Thing (Almost) Everyone Wants to Change About Their Smile?
Answer: Get Whiter & Brighter
Achieving a brighter, more confident smile is easy with teeth whitening, the fastest and most effective way to lighten your teeth by several shades. Not only is it safe, but it can also give you a confidence boost, and just one appointment with a dental professional can help you get the results you’re after.
Our Patients are Proud to Belong to Tomken Dental!
One More Satisfied Customer
Feels Like Family
Comfortable And COVID-19 Safe Experience
Why Let a Professional Whiten Your Teeth?
At-home teeth whitening products may seem like a cost-effective option, but they can be unpredictable and may cause sensitivity or gum irritation. It is best to consult with a dental professional for safe and effective teeth whitening treatment.
When you visit us for professional teeth whitening in Mississauga, you’ll experience these advantages:
- Customized treatment plan: We begin the teeth whitening process by examining your teeth and gums and discussing your desired results. This allows us to recommend a treatment that is customized to your individual dental health needs and cosmetic goals.
- Professional medical care: Our dentists are qualified medical professionals who are trained to provide powerful and safe teeth whitening treatments that are tailored to your specific dental needs and goals.
- Dramatic results: Our dental professionals use a prescription-strength teeth bleaching formula, which is much more potent than the ones found in over-the-counter products.
- Fast results: In-office whitening can get you results in just one hour.
- Even results: Our treatments that target every contour and angle of each tooth, ensuring an even and bright result, unlike over-the-counter products that can miss spots between teeth or near the gum line.
- Enhanced comfort: Our dentists know the safest way to apply and activate the teeth bleaching gel so as to minimize the possibility of tooth sensitivity or gum irritation.
Give us a call if you’re ready to experience the benefits of professional teeth whitening!
At-Home Whitening Kits
If you prefer to whiten your teeth at home, we offer a customized take-home kit that allows you to bleach your teeth at a gradual pace. This kit can help you achieve your desired results over the course of three to four weeks.
This kit includes:
- Medical-grade bleaching gel: Although this kit is meant to whiten your teeth gradually, the gel is much more powerful than anything you can purchase over the counter.
- Custom-fit dental trays: The applicator trays in our kit are custom-made to fit your teeth only. This ensures that the whitening gel reaches all surface areas of your teeth for even results.
- Expert dental guidance: We provide follow-up appointments to monitor your progress and ensure that you achieve the desired results.
We may also recommend touch-up treatments to maintain your newly whitened smile.Want to get pro whitening results at home? Try our take-home teeth bleaching kit.
When Should You Whiten?
If possible, you should get your teeth whitened before you have any restorative dental work done. This is because bleaching gel won’t affect the colour of restorations like crowns, fillings, and veneers. Their colour is permanently set at the time they are made. So if you want your restorations to match the rest of your teeth, you should bleach your teeth first so that we can later design your restorations to match.
Get rid of surface stains and deep discolouration in teeth with professional teeth whitening.
What Causes Tooth Discolouration?
Surface stains: The enamel layer covering your teeth is strong, but porous with microscopic holes that can trap pigments, causing stains to develop and teeth to appear discoloured. These external stains are known as “extrinsic” stains.
Some things that cause extrinsic teeth staining include:
- Dark-coloured drinks like tea, red wine, coffee, cola, sports drinks, energy drinks and some fruit juices
- Dark sauces that contain tomatoes or soy sauce
- Fruits like berries, cherries, and pomegranates
- Spices like turmeric or curry powder
- Poor oral hygiene and plaque buildup
- Tobacco products
Deep stains: Teeth can become discoloured from intrinsic staining that occurs on the inside. The dentin layer, which is naturally a darker yellow or grey hue, may show through when the outer enamel layer wears away due to aging or injury. Certain medications can also cause intrinsic staining.
Your Best Teeth Whitening Options
Teeth whitening is an affordable and non-invasive solution to enhance the appearance of your smile. You can opt for our professional teeth bleaching treatments to achieve safe and long-lasting results.
In-office teeth whitening treatment
If you’re looking for the quickest and most thorough way to whiten your teeth, our in-office treatment is the way to go. We’ll apply a powerful bleaching gel to your teeth with special trays that protect your gums, and then activate it with lasers to penetrate deep stains. You’ll see noticeable results right away, and our special technique minimizes the risk of gum irritation or tooth sensitivity.
Take-home teeth whitening kit
Our take-home kit lets you whiten your teeth at your own pace. You can wear the trays for a specified amount of time each day, typically a few hours or overnight, and then continue the process over the course of several weeks until you achieve your desired level of whitening.
Contact Us Today
To schedule a teeth whitening consultation.
During your consultation for teeth whitening, our dentist will examine your teeth, gums, and soft tissues, as well as assess your bite and overall oral health, to recommend a personalized teeth whitening treatment that is best suited to your needs and preferences.
Cost Of Professional Teeth Whitening In Mississauga
The instant professional results achieved with in-office laser teeth whitening can cost you anywhere from $600 to $1,200. The take-home kit is much cheaper at $300 to $600, but it will still deliver professional results.
Why the difference in cost? Here are the factors that make in-office treatments more expensive than take-home kits.
- Qualified dental professionals directly provide the technique-sensitive treatment
- Careful placement of the bleach is extremely accurate to avoid side-effects, and this takes time
- A stronger and more concentrated is used in the practice
- The fastest results are achieved with high-tech lasers
- Although stronger than over-the-counter whitening products, the gel in our take-home kits is less potent than our in-office formula
- You should see results in a matter of weeks, but they are not instant like in-office treatment
- You will apply the gel yourself at home, but you will still have guidance and input from our qualified dental team
While the in-office treatment is more expensive, it offers immediate and thorough results, but if you are on a budget, our affordable take-home kit can still provide better results than store-bought products.
If you would like to learn more about our Mississauga teeth whitening treatments, call us or request an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your teeth may look yellow due to a buildup of tartar, or dental calculus, a gritty substance made of mineralized plaque. Tartar doesn’t go away with brushing and it can’t be bleached. Fortunately, a professional dental cleaning can remove that tartar and leave your teeth looking white, again.
Aging may be another cause of yellow teeth despite good oral hygiene. Your teeth naturally darken with time. Visit our practice to find out the true cause of your yellow teeth and to explore your teeth whitening solutions.
Yes, teeth whitening is a safe treatment, especially when the treatment is administered by a dental professional. A little sensitivity is a typical and temporary side-effect because teeth bleaching opens up the pores in your tooth enamel. But if you choose to have professional teeth whitening, you can keep the sensitivity to a minimum.
No, using a dental bleach will not harm your restorations. But they won’t improve them, either. If you whiten your teeth, your existing restorations will stand out as looking darker than your surrounding teeth. You may need to replace them after bleaching to ensure that they blend in with the rest of your smile.
Most dental insurance plans do not cover teeth whitening as it is considered a cosmetic procedure. However, it is always best to check with your insurance provider to determine what is covered under your specific plan. Some dental offices may offer financing options or special promotions for teeth whitening, so it is worth checking with your dentist as well.
If you want to keep your teeth white, you should avoid or limit the consumption of foods and beverages that are known to cause staining. Some common culprits include coffee, tea, red wine, soda, sports drinks, berries, tomato sauce, soy sauce, and balsamic vinegar. Dark-colored foods and beverages, such as beets, chocolate, and some types of fruit juice, can also cause staining. Additionally, acidic foods like citrus fruits and pickles can weaken tooth enamel and make your teeth more susceptible to staining.
Generally, teeth whitening results can last from six months up to two years. Maintaining good oral hygiene, avoiding foods and drinks that can stain your teeth, and receiving touch-up treatments can help prolong the results of your teeth whitening treatment.