What’s the One Thing (Almost) Everyone Wants to Change About Their Smile?
Answer: Tooth colour.
Everyone wants whiter teeth. Like most people, you probably want whiter teeth, as well. Teeth whitening is the fastest way to make the most dramatic change in your smile. Lightening your teeth a few shades can give you a much-needed confidence boost. Plus, teeth whitening is a very safe and effective treatment, as long as you get it from a dental professional. Just one teeth whitening appointment could get you the results you’ve been after.
Our Patients are Proud to Belong to Tomken Dental!
One More Satisfied Customer
Comfortable And COVID-19 Safe Experience
Successful TMJ Therapy
Why Let a Professional Whiten Your Teeth?
Store-bought dental bleaching products and DIY hacks make teeth whitening cheaper and easier than ever before. But these methods don’t deliver the same results for everyone. Even worse, whitening your teeth without the guidance of a dental professional can result in sensitive teeth or gum irritation.
When you visit us for professional teeth whitening in Mississauga, you’ll experience these advantages:
- Customized treatment plan: The first thing we’ll do is examine your teeth and gums and ask you about the results you want to achieve with teeth whitening. This way, we can recommend a treatment that will work for your unique dental health needs and smile goals.
- Professional medical care: Our dentists are medical professionals who are qualified to provide you with powerful whitening treatments, and they have the training needed to do so safely.
- Dramatic results: We use a powerful prescription-strength teeth bleaching formula, which is much more powerful than anything you’ll find in over-the-counter products.
- Fast results: In-office whitening can get you results in just one hour.
- Even results: Over-the-counter teeth bleaching products don’t always whiten evenly. They tend to miss spots between teeth or near the gum line. But our professional whitening treatment accesses the contours and angles of each tooth, ensuring that you’ll get a bright, even colour on all of your teeth.
- Enhanced comfort: Our dentists know the safest way to apply and activate the teeth bleaching gel so as to minimize the possibility of tooth sensitivity or gum irritation.
Give us a call if you’re ready to experience the benefits of professional teeth whitening!
At-Home Whitening Kits
Would you prefer to whiten your teeth at home? Opt for our customized take-home kit which will let you bleach your teeth at a gradual pace. This kit will help you get your desired results over the course of three to four weeks.
This kit includes:
- Medical-grade bleaching gel: Although this kit is meant to whiten your teeth gradually, the gel is much more powerful than anything you can purchase over the counter.
- Custom-fit dental trays: The applicator trays in our kit are custom-made to fit your teeth only. This ensures that the whitening gel reaches all surface areas of your teeth for even results.
- Expert dental guidance: We’ll assist you every step of the way. Your Tomken Dental dentist will tell you how to use the kit safely for the best results. We’re also ready to help you whenever you have questions, concerns, or want to change your teeth bleaching schedule.
Want to get pro whitening results at home? Try our take-home teeth bleaching kit.
When Should You Whiten?
If possible, you should get your teeth whitened before you have any restorative dental work done. This is because bleaching gel won’t affect the colour of restorations like crowns, fillings, and veneers. Their colour is permanently set at the time they are made. So if you want your restorations to match the rest of your teeth, you should bleach your teeth first so that we can later design your restorations to match.
Get rid of surface stains and deep discolouration in teeth with professional teeth whitening.
What Causes Tooth Discolouration?
Surface stains: The enamel layer that covers your teeth is extraordinarily strong, but it’s also porous. This means that it contains lots of microscopic holes which can trap pigments. As your enamel absorbs the pigment, stains develop and your teeth begin to look dull and discoloured. Staining that collect on the outer surfaces of your teeth are called “extrinsic” stains.
Some things that cause extrinsic teeth staining include:
- Dark-coloured drinks like tea, red wine, coffee, cola, sports drinks, energy drinks and some fruit juices
- Dark sauces that contain tomatoes or soy sauce
- Fruits like berries, cherries, and pomegranates
- Spices like turmeric or curry powder
- Poor oral hygiene and plaque buildup
- Tobacco products
Deep stains: Teeth can look dull because of discolouration that happens on the inside. This “intrinsic” staining can develop after many years of extrinsic stains accumulate. Teeth can also turn yellow from the inside. The inner layer of your tooth, the dentin, is naturally a darker yellow or grey hue, and the enamel on the outside makes your teeth look whiter. When this outer enamel layer is worn away through the natural aging process, the darker dentin shows through and teeth look discoloured. Teeth may also become discoloured on the inside after an injury or due to exposure to certain medications.
Your Best Teeth Whitening Options
Teeth whitening is a cost-effective and non-invasive way to give your smile a boost. Choose one of our professional teeth bleaching treatments to get safe and lasting results.
In-office teeth whitening treatment
Our in-office treatment is the quickest and most thorough way to bleach your teeth. During this procedure, we will apply the bleaching gel to your teeth with special trays that protect your gums. We then activate the gel with lasers to help the gel penetrate deep stains. The results are immediate and you will leave our practice with noticeably whiter teeth. The special technique we use minimizes the chance that you’ll experience gum irritation or tooth sensitivity.
Take-home teeth whitening kit
If you prefer to whiten your teeth in the comfort and privacy of your own home, or simply want more control over the outcome of your bleaching treatment, then our take-home kit is probably the best choice for you. We will create your custom whitening trays in our practice and show you how to fill them with the bleaching gel and wear them. The custom-fit trays prevent the gel from irritating your gums.
Contact Us Today
to schedule a teeth whitening consultation.
Your consultation will include an examination of your teeth, gums, and soft tissues. We will also assess your bite and overall oral health. After this, we’ll recommend a teeth whitening treatment that’s perfectly suited to your needs and preferences.
Cost Of Professional Teeth Whitening In Mississauga
The instant professional results achieved with in-office laser teeth whitening can cost you anywhere from $600 to $1,200. The take-home kit is much cheaper at $300 to $600, but it will still deliver professional results.
Why the difference in cost? Here are the factors that make in-office treatments more expensive than take-home kits.
- Qualified dental professionals directly provide the technique-sensitive treatment
- Careful placement of the bleach is extremely accurate to avoid side-effects, and this takes time
- A stronger and more concentrated is used in the practice
- The fastest results are achieved with high-tech lasers
- Although stronger than over-the-counter whitening products, the gel in our take-home kits is less potent than our in-office formula
- You should see results in a matter of weeks, but they are not instant like in-office treatment
- You will apply the gel yourself at home, but you will still have guidance and input from our qualified dental team
The in-office treatment is more expensive, but it does have several advantages. If cost is an issue for you, however, then our affordable take-home kit is a wise investment as it will get you far better results than you could achieve with store-bought products.
If you would like to learn more about our Mississauga teeth whitening treatments, call us or request an appointment.
Frequently Asked Questions
Your teeth may look yellow due to a buildup of tartar, or dental calculus, a gritty substance made of mineralized plaque. Tartar doesn’t go away with brushing and it can’t be bleached. Fortunately, a professional dental cleaning can remove that tartar and leave your teeth looking white, again.
Aging may be another cause of yellow teeth despite good oral hygiene. Your teeth naturally darken with time. Visit our practice to find out the true cause of your yellow teeth and to explore your teeth whitening solutions.
Yes, teeth whitening is a safe treatment, especially when the treatment is administered by a dental professional. A little sensitivity is a typical and temporary side-effect because teeth bleaching opens up the pores in your tooth enamel. But if you choose to have professional teeth whitening, you can keep the sensitivity to a minimum.
No, using a dental bleach will not harm your restorations. But they won’t improve them, either. If you whiten your teeth, your existing restorations will stand out as looking darker than your surrounding teeth. You may need to replace them after bleaching to ensure that they blend in with the rest of your smile.
Teeth whitening is not usually covered by insurance as it is an elective cosmetic treatment. Contact your insurance provider directly to find out. We can provide you with a treatment cost estimate to submit to your insurance company.
Try to minimize foods in your diet that have dark pigmentation. A good rule of thumb is that if something can stain a white shirt, then it could also stain your teeth (through frequent exposure). If you do eat a dark-coloured food like curry, soy sauce, tomato sauce or drink a dark beverage like coffee, you can limit stain accumulation by sipping on plain water soon afterwards.
The results vary and depend on an individual’s diet and oral hygiene. If you take care to avoid foods that stain and to clean your teeth properly each day, then professional teeth whitening treatment can last you from 6 months to 3 years.